hudson valley news

New York musician murdered in Hudson Valley over girl, police said

New York musician murdered in Hudson Valley over girl, police said

A local musician was murdered in the Hudson Valley. Officials say it was over a girl. Last week, New York State Police announced the arrest of a Hudson Valley man accused of murder. 26-year-old Walter D. Post Jr. of Pine Bush was charged last Tuesday. The post was remanded in custody in Ulster County Jail. …

New York musician murdered in Hudson Valley over girl, police said Read More »

Holiday Surge brings nearly 1.1 million COVID cases to New York

Holiday Surge brings nearly 1.1 million COVID cases to New York

In recent days, the state of New York has reported nearly 1.1 million new COVID cases. On Tuesday, Gov. Kathy Hochul updated New Yorkers on the state’s progress in fighting COVID-19. 19.35 percent of all tests came back positive within the last 24 hours. The seven-day average percent positive is now 21.30 percent. Hochul reported …

Holiday Surge brings nearly 1.1 million COVID cases to New York Read More »

Some in New York ‘incorrectly billed’ for COVID tests

Some in New York ‘incorrectly billed’ for COVID tests

A number of New Yorkers are being “incorrectly billed” for COVID-19 tests. Have you been charged? Here’s what to do. New York Justice Minister Letitia James announced Thursday that her office has launched an investigation by CareCube, a primary care provider, into reports that the company has wrongly billed New Yorkers for rapid and PCR …

Some in New York ‘incorrectly billed’ for COVID tests Read More »

Snow in Hudson Valley, New York causes ‘headache’

Snow in Hudson Valley, New York causes ‘headache’

Get those shovels and snow throwers ready as the first “significant” snowstorm is about to hit. On Monday, Hudson Valley Weather thought there was a strong percentage chance the region would see its “first significant winter storm of the 21-22 season.” Hudson Valley Weather believes the region has avoided a major storm, but snow will …

Snow in Hudson Valley, New York causes ‘headache’ Read More »

Timeline for potential snow across Hudson Valley, New York

Timeline for potential snow across Hudson Valley, New York

The odds of the “first significant winter storm of the season 21-22” continue to rise. On Monday, Hudson Valley Weather thought there was a 60 percent chance the region would see its “first significant winter storm of the 21-22 season” and a 40 percent chance that the storm would miss Hudson Valley. Tuesday there was …

Timeline for potential snow across Hudson Valley, New York Read More »

COVID hospital admissions are rising in New York while new restrictions are looming

COVID hospital admissions are rising in New York while new restrictions are looming

COVID hospital admissions in New York just reached a number not reported since May 2020. On Tuesday, Governor Hochul announced that 22.49 percent of COVID tests came back positive within the last 24 hours. The 7-day average rose to 21.81 percent, the highest since the end of April 2020. “The best way to protect ourselves …

COVID hospital admissions are rising in New York while new restrictions are looming Read More »

Chances of blizzard in Hudson Valley, New York are increasing

Chances of blizzard in Hudson Valley, New York are increasing

The chances of “the first significant winter storm of the season 21-22” have increased. On Monday, Hudson Valley Weather thought there was a 30 percent chance that Hudson Valley would see more than six inches of snow Thursday night through Friday. They also reported that there was a 30 percent chance of 6 inches or …

Chances of blizzard in Hudson Valley, New York are increasing Read More »

New York may be days away from more COVID restrictions

New York may be days away from more COVID restrictions

Gov. Kathy Hochul said New York is “not in a good place” in the fight against COVID, and she is days from possibly adding more COVID restrictions. On Monday, Hochul confirmed 51,698 new COVID-positive test results. That number is below the record-breaking number reported earlier in the week, but Hochul believes the number could be …

New York may be days away from more COVID restrictions Read More »

Chances of blizzard in Hudson Valley, New York are increasing

Chances of blizzard in Hudson Valley, New York are increasing

The chances of “the first significant winter storm of the season 21-22” have increased. On Monday, Hudson Valley Weather thought there was a 30 percent chance that Hudson Valley would see more than six inches of snow Thursday night through Friday. They also reported that there was a 30 percent chance of 6 inches or …

Chances of blizzard in Hudson Valley, New York are increasing Read More »