Hello, people of Concord! It’s me again, Jeri Karges, your host of the Concord Daily.
First today’s weather:
Partly sunny. High: 61 Low: 42.
Rent this space!
Are you a local business owner or marketer in Concord? We love connecting local businesses with our amazing readers. Click here to learn how it works.
Here are the best stories in Concord today:
- ONE disagreement over masking requirements at the San Ramon Regional Medical Center escalated to one alleged push struggle and one criminal reference for a 27-year-old Pittsburg woman in the hospital to visit a family member being treated for COVID-19. San Ramon police were called to the hospital at 6 p.m. 10:51 a.m., after an extended family group of 15 arrived to visit a relative. Family members challenged a nurse’s request to wear masks before their visit, with one of them allegedly grabbing and pushing a nurse when they were informed that a visit would not be possible unless the family wore masks. San Ramon Police Captain Cary Goldberg confirmed. “ONE Citizen arrest was made of this employee and the visitor was issued a criminal case for a violation of 243 (a) PC (Battery). “(News 24/680)
- On Tuesday, the Brentwood Police Department identified an 18-year-old resident of Brentwood Israel Resendiz as suspect who shot and killed a 43-year-old Turlock man over the weekend. Sunday at At 4.20pm, the Brentwood Police Department responded to a report of a shooting that took place on Sycamore Avenue in Brentwood Park apartment complex in the town of Brentwood, where they found the deceased man. Police did not disclose a motive or share if the suspect and the victim knew each other, or if there was any relationship between the two. (East County Today)
- About 3,400 people were without power Thursday morning after kl vehicle hit an electric pole at the corner of Churches Pass Rd. and Olive Dr. From the pictures, it looks like the bar has never had a chance. (Claycord.com)
- During the weekend, a catch from Contra Costa County is serving a life sentence at California State Prison in Folsom was found dead, and authorities considered his cellmate the main suspect in his death. Deandre A. Lewis, 37, was discovered unconscious in his cell at the Folsom Correctional Facility shortly before 7 p.m. on Saturday. Lewis was pronounced dead shortly afterwards. It has been established that Lewis’ cellmate, 36-year-old Shammer L. Thornton, was the main suspectaccording to authorities. (Concord News Journal)
From our sponsor:
Today’s Concord Daily is partially brought to you by our friends at GoodRx – the best way to save money on your prescriptions. GoodRx helps you find the lowest prices on medicines at local pharmacies so you do not pay too much. Also works for pet medicine! Go to GoodRx.com to see how much you can save.
Today in Concord:
- Enjoy Wednesday Family Style Dinners on Lone Tree Golf & Event Center in Antioch. Today it’s BBQ! NAM! (17:00)
- Show off your golden vocal cords at Karaoke on Wednesday on Retro junkie in Walnut Creek. (20:00)
- Get out after DJ Karaoke Dance Whiskey & Wings Wednesdays at Bourbon Highway Country Bar & Kitchen in Walnut Creek. (20:00)
From my notebook:
- Nob Hill Foods on Oak Grove Rd. in Walnut Creek closes, according to employees of the store. The store closes in March, sources say.
- join in San Ramon AAUW today from 11:30 – 8 for a fundraiser at Fresh Millions, 2550 San Ramon Valley Blvd., San Ramon for the benefit of the San Ramon Department of the American Association of University Women, Local Scholarship Fund.
- Comfort Food Week starts this Friday, January 14th. Beat winter blues and eat your way through Concord with our exclusive deals and offers at participating Concord restaurants. (Instagram)
More from our sponsors – thank you for supporting local news!
- FREE WEBINAR | “Michelangelo and the Terrible Pope” Presented by Dr. Rocky Ruggiero (January 14)
- Tony Azevedo Water Polo Shooting Clinic returns in 11-13. February 2022 (January 14)
- Social Security Webinar (January 17)
- Taxes in pension webinar (January 24)
- Add your event
Concerts and services:
Do you love Concord Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
Okay, you’re all good for today! See you in your inbox tomorrow with your next update.
– Jeri Karges
About me: Jeri Karges has lived in and loved the Sacramento region for over 30 years. Her passion is to find new and unique ways to enjoy the city and the surrounding areas. On the weekends, you can find her teasing her friends for trying out the restaurant that does not have silverware, or trying to throw an ax. Jeri also enjoys writing about retirement planning at https: //rockinretirement.subst …